Happy New Year!
Now faced with a pile of 24 novels to read in 12 months I’m a little intimidated by some of my choices. I’ve found it difficult to find 24 novels in my collection that I have fancy to read, some of them are wild cards because I’ve owned them for a while. Some of them I have no idea where they came from but they are now in my possession. Some of them are novels I should’ve read for university but never quite managed it.
- The Hogfather – Pratchett
- Christmas Books– Dickens
- Sexing the Cherry – Winterson
- Farewell to Summer – Bradbury
- The Wasp Factory – Banks
- Pollen – Noon
- The Thousand Splendid Suns – Hosseini
- A Wizard of Earth Sea – Le Guin
- Far From the Madding Crowd – Hardy
- Mrs Dalloway – Woolf
- A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man – Joyce
- She Came to Stay – Beauvior
- The Vinland Sagas – The Norse Discovery of America
- The Silence of the Lambs – Harris
- Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass – Carrol
- The Sleeper Awakes – Wells
- Jane Eyre – Bronte
- Wide Sargasso Sea – Rhys
- The Lonely Londoners – Selvon
- Walking On Glass – Banks
- Around the World in Eighty Days – Verne
- Guilliver’s Travels – Swift
- Journey to the Centre of the Earth – Verne
- Coming up for Air – Orwell
There are some stories behind these novels, but we’ll get to those as I get through them, or we may not depending on how this blog evolves. I’m expecting it to change and grow as I get used to blogging. So bare with, some of this road will be uncertain to start with.
I am going to add this list of novels to a page on this blog which you will find on the navigation bar somewhere. I’ll also include links and strikeouts when they’re read so you can follow my progress. I’m sure at some point I will also reorder this as I read more and more off this list.
I’m not sure how exactly I’m going to go through this pile, I was going to do it some sort of order, but honestly I have a feeling I wouldn’t stick to that very well anyhow. I have a novel to finish from last year actually before I get started on this list, ‘Something Wicked this Way Comes’ by Ray Bradbury and I’m sad to say that its taking me a while to read as I’ve been rather distracted lately.
But given as I’ve been working rather hard this afternoon I think its only fitting I get to sit and read all evening and try to crack on.